PWL METHVEN CRICKET CLUB
This Mid Canterbury Cricket Club 20 minutes inland from Ashburton and a 70 minute drive southwest of Christchurch is a proud Country Cricket Club now in its 118th season.
The Club facilities and main playing area is at the Methven Domain where it shares clubrooms with the Methven Rugby Club. At the Domain the club has two Practice Net wickets (with artificial surface and bowling ends) plus a main grass wicket with enough width for 4 wickets and in 2004 an artificial wicket was installed which is of sufficient quality for Senior Club and representative fixtures.
The Club also part owns the Mt Hutt College artificial wicket at Mt Hutt College front field. In 1997 the Club celebrated its Centenary with Sir Richard Hadlee as guest speaker at the Centennial dinner. The Club is very fortunate each season to have Philip Wareing Transport Ltd as its major sponsor (PWL).
For 2016, we welcome overseas pro Ross Bullard who arrives in early October to join senior team as well as coach the 4th and 5th grade teams. Ross is coming off a triple century for his home club of Bishop Waltham in Hampshire. Contact Ross on 022 365 8604
Life Members of the Club:
David Anderson, Brian Callaghan, Alan Cornwall, Richard Isherwood, Murray Holmes, Mark Wareing, Bruce Dickson and Ian Sawers.
Also the late: - Bill Owen, Philip Isherwood, Lex Eddington
Methven Cricket Club Officers 2016
- Patron Brian Callaghan
- President Matt Walker
- Senior Vice President VACANT
- Junior Vice President Ash Mills - 028 85003206
- Secretary Greta Currie
- Treasurer Paul Hayden - 027 2183603
- Club Captain Marty Cuttle - 0274 347347
- Methven United Delegate Murray Holmes, Matt Walker, Mark Wareing, Marty Cuttle
- Senior Club Delegate Ben Payne
- Junior Club Delegate Mark Wareing - 027 2010011
- Junior Development Officer Ross Bullard
- Domain Board Rep Murray Holmes
- Mt Hutt College Rep VACANT
- Groundsmen Mike Gray
- Committee Chris Woods, Jono Pavey, Glen Currie, Andy Cameron Daniels, Murray Holmes, Elliot Nicolson, Bruce Dickson
New members are always welcome. Please contact Jeremy Johnson or Ben Payne.