WINTER TRAINING 2019
Venue: Ashburton Oval indoor nets located at the end of Park Lane.
Dates: Start September 2nd to September 26th - 4 sessions.
Break over school holiday’s
Start back October 14th to October 25th – 2 sessions
Times: Monday - Thursday: 4-5pm, 5-6pm, 6-7pm and 7-8pm
Aim: To provide quality coaching to help prepare cricketers for the upcoming season with a focus on individual skill development across a three crucial parts of cricket in, batting, bowling and wicket keeping.
Session Plan: Players will work in pairs or small groups with a specific focus on different areas of batting, bowling and wicket keeping. Players will learn how to break down skills and then apply them to a game scenario against their peers.
Maximum group size = 8/session
What players need to bring: Sensible cricket attire that is also warm (cricket jersey’s, hoodies, trackpants, etc.) Cricket gear, bat, gloves, pads, helmet etc. MC Cricket will provide a gear bag for those who don’t have any. Players will also need drink bottles and any other important needs like asthma inhalers etc.
Cost and payment options: $100 (+GST i.e. $115) per player for the 6 sessions or $20 per session. Pay by cash or cheque to Mid Canterbury Cricket. Online banking account number: 06-0837-0343830-00 please use player’s name and winter training as a reference.
All coaches of teams playing junior cricket are required to be vetted, complete Vulnerable Children modules and online coaching modules as well as a practical session. If you have not received or lost the link to register, please follow the link and register and begin the courses. "Coaching Courses"
Note: If you do not complete the course you are putting the possibility of your team being allowed to play at risk!
** The 2019/20 season draws will be available below when they become available.
Shortcut to View Draws
Whether you’re new to the game, or have played for many years; to play cricket for any Club in Mid Canterbury (NZ) you are required to register online via CricHQ.
** This is a rule of New Zealand Cricket, of which Mid Canterbury Cricket is a member.
Benefits of registration:
- Life-long 24/7 access to your individual player stats and achievements
- Receive your own match reports via email
- Compare your stats with your team mates or your favourite BLACKCAPS and WHITE FERNS
- Share your results with friends and family anywhere in the world.
- Notifications of changes to training/matches/cancellations.
- Access to exclusive cricket social network.
- Get your talent recognised – coaches and selectors could be watching you!
- Sign up for relevant news – note if you do not want to receive newsletters you can disable this part.
- Below you will find your club name that links to your club registration page.
- Click your club link and a new page opens
- Near the top right you will see a green button that says;
- “Registrations Open – Register online” – click it and fill in your details.
- I suggest signing in via Email
- After filling in basics (name, email, age, country, region) click the next register button and fill in additional info.
- Log out at top right when completed.
Allenton Registration :: Coldstream Registration
Lauriston Registration :: Methven Registration
Technical Registration :: Ashburton College